If there’s one thing The CW knows well, it’s hot badass boys. So it comes as no surprise that it chose to feature those extremely smokin’ men in its panel at the TCAs on Thursday, January 12th.
Since NoWhiteNoise is all about TV bloggers who write about TV from their couches, we were not there. However, thanks to TV & Entertainment websites like TheTVAddict.com & The Hollywood Reporter and Twitter, it was like we were there. (Not really.)
The panel included Shane West from Nikita, Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl, Joseph Morgan from The Vampire Diaries, Jared Padalecki from Supernatural, Kristoffer Polaha from Ringer, and, the cherry on top, Wilson Bethel from Hart of Dixie. (WAIT A MINUTE! Where’s James Lafferty from One Tree Hill? Okay, he’s not what The CW sees as badass, but he’s badass to me. It’s that simple. And where’s Ian Somerhalder? Really CW?)
The panel was so much fun. The boys were so much fun. And it seems like the chemistry between them was sizzling. If only they all starred in one show together.
Here’s a highlight of what went down:
- When the panel first began, a journalist asked Ed if he misses Chuck’s devious side. And just when he started to answer, Kris Polaha interrupted him, “Wait a second, you’re British?” (RIGHT?! I want Chuck to speak in a British accent on Gossip Girl, maybe he’ll get on my good graces again)
- We’re not the only ones blown away by Wilson Bethel’s figure, Jared neglected to answer a question about what’s coming up for Sam in Supernatural in the coming episodes and admitted he was distracted by Bethel’s shirtless body being projected on the screen.
- “I’m pretty confident that it will be a bad sign for my career when they tell me to stop taking off my shirt,” Bethel answered when asked if he will be shirtless in every episode of Hart Of Dixie (Yes, please!)
- Apparently, Jospeph Morgan considers Gordon Ramsay to be the ultimate badass. “I’m English, and I do not agree.” Westwick commented. Padalecki went with the sincere, heartwarming answer, “I got to say our soldiers keeping us safe around the world.” which made Polaha feel bad that he wanted to say Tim Tebow. As for Shane West, it’s Michael Biehn.
- A rude (Yes, rude) journalist asked Jared Padalecki if Jensen Ackles, his co-star on Supernatual, should be in the panel instead of Jared. (You see? Rude.) But Jared was as charming as always saying that, yes, Jensen Ackles should be in the panel, but unfortunately he’s working. When Kris Polaha asked him who’d win in a fight, him or Ackles, Jared said, “Well, seeing as though he’s not here to defend himself, I’d totally kick his ass!”
- Morgan, Klaus on The Vampire Diaries, considers Stefan to be a bit more badass than Damon at this point in the season. (Gasps!)
- Also, ladies, Wilson Bethel writes poetry. Yes, poetry! Swoon! “Hey guys, she’s making it up. I only write poetry when I’m riding my motorcycle smoking weed chasing rattlesnakes,” he joked when a journalist asked him about his writings.
- Jared Padalecki’s cuteness hit its peak when he talked about becoming a father. (He’s becoming a father!!!) He’s very excited about it, like a little kid. (AWW!)
- About Supernatural, Padalecki admitted the the fans are pretty forgiving. And that, no surprise there, the hair (his hair) makes the show work. (lol)
Are there any Chuck/Brooke shippers out there? If yes, this is for you: (From The CW Party held after the TCA panel)
You might also like:
Tags: Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, Ringer, Supernatural