THAT FINALE, YOU GUYS. OMG.
Sorry, no complete photo recap this week, you guys. I started school on Monday and I have been way too busy.
So here’s the most important things that happened:
1) Russell died within the first minute of the episode, fairly easily killed by the combined efforts of the fairies.
2) Bill tells Salome that she is the chosen one, according to Lilith
3) This chick is crazy on V and tells Alcide about how JD is forcing everybody to drink vampire blood and is raping the young girls in the pack.
4) Andy becomes a single father.
5) Sam and Luna rescue Emma, for once actually having a smart plan and nearly ruining it by being as obvious as possible.
6) Alcide takes some V, kills JD, and becomes packmaster.
7) THIS HAPPENED:
8) Jason is hallucinating his parents, who urge him to be extra racist towards vampires. Jessica tells Jason she loves him and he is a dick.
9) All of the members of the Authority except Bill are dead.
10) BILL DRINKS ALL THE BLOOD, APPEARS TO DIE FOR A MOMENT, AND THEN EMERGES AS SOME KIND OF LILITH-BILL HYBRID?
I LOVED this episode. I feel like I had forgotten that True Blood could be this good. This finale had the perfect balance of humor and tension and shock value. The infiltration of the Authority base was nerve-wracking. The build up to the final meeting with Bill was perfectly done. Speaking of Bill, can we take a minute to applaud how AMAZING Bill was this episode? He was so evil and sneaky and badass. It was the first time I truly saw him as a convincing villain.
Overall Season Thoughts:
Honestly, the greatness of this finale only highlighted the huge flaws the rest of this season contained. I feel that much of the season was very slowly paced. I had thought that we would see the actual war happen in this season but it appears we will have to wait until next summer to see the humans and the vampires finally have at it. There was too much time wasted on storylines that didn’t even pan out well, such as Lafayette’s demon possession or the Ifrit. Tara and Pam being confined to Fangtasia for most of the season made them pretty useless and irrelevant. I would have rathered that the season had focused more on speeding up the main Lilith/vampire war storyline than trying to give the multitudes of characters all equal screentime (in that respect, getting rid of Hoyt was a good idea). In addition, I feel that after the debacle of the last season, which was entirely too much of the love triangle, the writers retreated hastily in the opposite direction this time. But having none to few romantic storylines at all made the season a little dull.
However, I think the biggest mistake the writers made was not killing Tara off at the beginning of the season. Why?
a) This show has too many characters.
b) Tara’s transformation caused a rift in her relationships with Sookie and Lafayette that didn’t get addressed all season.
c) Most of all, the writer’s inability to kill off Tara only reinforced the idea that the viewers don’t need to worry about the fate of the main characters, which makes the dangerous situations the characters are often in a lot less exciting.
4) The sudden Pam-Tara storyline feels like a desperate attempt to keep her relevant.
Overall, I think this season was much better than the last but still not living up to the standards of the first three at all. I give it a B- overall.
Predicted storylines for season six:
1) The V that Alcide took will make him crazy, too!
2) Luna dies (this might be wishful thinking) or she has some weird shifter disease.
3) Eric and Sookie will get back together
4) Jason and Jessica will get together
5) Andy’s fairy babies will have powers.
Anyways, the above are all just my opinions and guesses. Leave your thoughts on the finale and the season below, as well as your predictions for season 6! And thank you for reading my recaps all summer! I appreciate every comment and every view.
Tags: True Blood | Categories: Recaps
Posts from around the web: