The final countdown has begun. In exactly one week and four hours Castle will be back on our screens in all its splendid glory. And what glory it is. Indeed, it seems showrunner Andrew Marlowe has upped the stakes for the show’s fifth season. In preparation for it, we bring you a summary of all the spoilers that have been released since the mind-blowing season finale last May.
What’s to come:
- It seems both Castle and Beckett are on the same page about their relationship status — shocking, I know — and both agree that theirs wasn’t a one-time thing (or four-time thing, if we’re to believe our favorite novelist).
- The happy couple is rudely (and hilarously) interrupted by Martha on their first morning together.
- Lanie spots Beckett’s morning-after glow and she, along with Ryan and Esposito, become very much interested in who their friend’s new boyfriend is. All kinds of hilarity ensue.
- Ryan and Esposito are still at odds by the time the season starts.
- The season premiere revolves around Johanna Beckett’s murder, and the team makes a shocking discovery that is certain to raise the stakes.
- Beckett will shock us all speechless at the end of the episode.
- Alexis will continue her internship even after she moves out for college.
- Castle and Beckett make a little trip to the Hamptons in episode 5.
- After the Storm
- Secret’s Safe with Me
- Cloudy with a Chance of Murder
- Swan Song
- Murder, He Wrote
- The Final Frontier
See more promotional photos by clicking here.
And that’s it. The Castle season 5 premiere kicks off next Monday, September 25th, at 10pm on ABC!